Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Struggling To Swim Across the 40K Ocean

        Hello again everyone! I believe I told you that I was doing Camp NaNoWriMo in my first post, if you forgot, or haven't read it yet, here's the link: I'm Back. So, I was trying to reach 50K, but a lot of stuff happened. Probably the most important event was that my aunt and cousin came to see us for a week! We live overseas so we don't get to see family much so that was a HUGE surprise. And sadly, my writing lacked that week...

         Hence that, I have changed my word count goal to 40k, and I don't even know if I'm going to be able to make that. I hope so, and I'm writing as fast as these fingers can go, but it's hard. I knew that when I signed up for it, so I need to suck it up and get writing. Thanks to all you lovely people who continue to motivate me to keep on writing!:)

         At the moment, I am warding off writers block and trying not to run after plot bunnies. I've got a pen for a sword and my rough draft for a shield. It's fun, but it's challenging. I'm swimming across an ocean and I don't know how wide it is, still avoiding the word count shark, though it did almost bite me the other day... Gotta go! Novels don't write themselves (unless there's a novel writing tree I don't know about...)

Oh! Before I go, there's a challenge over at my friend's blog, here's the link: The Challenge. I'm hoping to finish my entry by Wednesday, so watch for me over there. I think that's it...

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Rubix! I'm doing Camp also and I know it's hard. But I also know you can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! You're going to tackle that 40k before it even sees you coming! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so!:) I've been writing almost 2k the past two days and hope to keep it up! *gulps* I'm gonna need a bigger cup of coffee....

      Delete
  3. You're doing great, Ruby! We are cheering for you. Keep swimming. Love, Aunt Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! I know you can. If you keep trying I know you can do it. So KEEP ON WRITING!

    San

    ReplyDelete