Friday, June 5, 2015

Wifi Issues and a Poem


    Well, the wifi went out for a whole week. It's gone out for a couple days before, but never this long. It's weirdness. Complete and utter weirdness. We had to complain three times and then it just randomly turned on today. O.o

     So, I thought I'd post a poem I wrote a while ago, and I liked it, so maybe you will!


"Don’t listen to it! Step away before it’s too late!
Late nights, tons of caffeine, pens and writing machines.
You don’t want to be sucked into an author’s fate
Beware innocent reader, before its eyes start to gleam

If it catches you with the lure of plot bunnies
Don’t look it in the eyes, the floor is safer
Don’t do it for the popularity or for the money
Promise me you’ll stay strong and not waver.

It would be better if you only just kept reading
But if you have a pen and notebook, an idea in your mind
And you fall victim to inspiration, and don’t heed me
Then you’re an author too, and tales you must wind.

You have joined the ranks of poets, authors, and story crooks
Beware, it’s dangerous, leave your plots by the door
We have plenty of coffee and tea and books
There’s chaos and half ideas and characters galore.

You, innocent reader, have joined the storytellers
That is what you get for not listening, you crook.
I wish you luck on your endeavor

Of writing your very first book."

Also, I have completed the first two chapters of Realms Unseen! Which is about 22 pages. I am extremely, extremely happy about that. 

Till Next Time!
-Rubes

     


     

No comments:

Post a Comment